Pages

Saturday 5 January 2013

Still Life with Birds




I made these three paintings for my exhibition. They were based on the objects I found from our family's summer home in Johannislund, Kiikala and things I had photographed at Pettson & Findus' World in Gröna Lund amusement park in Stockholm.

The three 'Still Life with Birds' -paintings will be printed into postcards and sold by Putinki Oy. The original artwork has been cleverly photoshopped to be standard postcard size. I'm looking forward to seeing them!


The glass bottle (with text "Punssia", "Punch") in Still Life II was actually made in Johannislund Glass Factory which operated from 1813 till 1960.



My father's old study lamp when he was a young boy. 



The old mustard jar I found hidden in a cupboard.  



From Pettson's workshop.

 

Findus & Pettson kitchen art!




Yes, it's that tiny drawer in the middle.







No comments:

Post a Comment